Friday, June 17, 2011

SkyWatch Friday: Telluride Bluegrass Festival

The 38th Annual Telluride Bluegrass Festival began yesterday and is off to a good start! The tickets sold out in record breaking time due to all of the great headliners. I really enjoyed Steve Earle and Sarah McLachlan last night.

This zoomed in photo shows a little more detail of Ingram Falls on the right, and that the snow is finally almost gone off of Ajax Peak, which still isn't green! That little flag is the Colorado State flag, flying backwards.


To see more beautiful skies all over the world, please visit
SkyWatch Friday.

7 comments:

Rcel said...

Snow no more indeed! hello summer! Beautiful pictures you got! :)

I hope you can visit and see my MARVELOUS MOON captures and be amazed yourself! Have a great weekend!

Janie said...

What a great place to have a festival gathering. Love the new header.

Tes said...

Looks like a fun festival! :)

motoroz said...

Awesome photos. I love bluegrass music. I really need to make the festival one year.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

As I recall from my one skiing trip to Telluride, they told us that they have a different festival every weekend in the summer except for one. But then they started a no-themed-festival festival.

Tamera said...

That looks like fun! One of these days I'm going to have to make it to Telluride in the summer :)

EcoRover said...

[Blogger is acting up, not sure if my post came through--trying again.]

Looks like a great festival, glad somebody is enjoying warm weather. Festivals begin here in a few weeks, had our first 70 degree day last week, so there's hope...