Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Unexpected Wildlife Encounter

Sunday afternoon I was skiing along when suddenly a lynx came out of the trees and walked across the ski run. I almost skied right into it! It totally shocked me but he didn't seem to be bothered at all. I have seen photos on the internet from other skiers that have seen the lynx this winter, but it was the first time I've ever seen one. He does have a radio collar, so the Department of Wildlife is aware of where he is. Exciting and beautiful animal!






6 comments:

Lois said...

He sure does have beautiful fur and I love his little pointy ears!

motoroz said...

Way cool! I love encounters with wildlife. The Lynx is a very pretty animal.

John and Ellen said...

Wow, I enjoyed your pictures of the Lynx. Thanks for sharing!

John
relaxedrush.blogspot.com

Memphis MOJO said...

I see you weren't so shocked that you couldn't whip out your camera and capture these images! Good job.

Rosadimaggio63 said...

Grande foto !
Buona serata :)
Myriam

Randy said...

Wow! That is something that would really make my day. Great shots!