Monday, November 1, 2010

Theme Day: Public Transportation

My choice for City Daily Photo's Theme Day, "Public Transportation" was a no brainer! This is exactly what I have said about the gondola here before: The gondola is unlike any other free transportation in the country! Not only is it used as a ski lift in the winter, it also connects the towns of Telluride and Mountain Village. The locals use the gondola for transportation regularly, and a lot of the kids in Mountain Village opt to ride the gondola instead of the bus to get to school. Pets and mountain bikers are also welcome here. Can't beat the breathtaking scenery, either.




Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

9 comments:

B SQUARED said...

Never met a gondola I didn't like.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Perfect for the theme.

Lois said...

I would ride the gondola even if I didn't need to go anywhere!

SRQ said...

Great submission. I love that pets ride the gondola too.

Halcyon said...

Are the gondolas really free? I have never been in a ski area where they were. I guess the lifts up to the actual slopes come with a price tag.

Neat choice for the theme day!

Lisa Wilson said...

The gondola is free to everyone, except if you get out at the top of the mountain during ski season you do actually have to have a pass/ticket to ski.

Randy said...

What great view with your ride. Love it.

Steffe said...

This is a good way to travel. At least when the weather is fine. I would go back and forth taking photos non stop.

motoroz said...

During my two separate visits to Telluride I have ridden the gondola. It is awesome. I love the view of the town and the area waterfalls from the gondola. Perfect for your theme.