Monday, October 18, 2010

Poppies and Aspen Leaves

Most of the aspen leaves are on the ground now, and it is the off-season again in Telluride. I missed a week of posting photos here again! I was unsure of what to post during the uneventful off-season and then I realized I've never posted a series of the homes here. Tomorrow I will start a series on the Victorian homes in town. Living in a town of only 2,000 people makes for a difficult place to do a daily photo, but I think everyone enjoys a Victorian home!

I truly enjoy being outdoors and taking photos, but I don't enjoy the time it takes at the computer for photography. I still can't make up my mind if I want to get a DSLR or the Sony NEX-5. I could still take a NEX-5 hiking and skiing so I'm leaning toward that. For now, my little Sony will have to do.


8 comments:

Jacob said...

Very beautiful. And yes, I'd love to see the old Victorian homes. We have a bunch of those in Ocala, too.

Re your camera...you might want to check out the Nikon D40 (read what Ken Rockwell has to say about it at http://www.kenrockwell.com). Lois has one. It's small, very light, and takes excellent photograph.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, when I visited last January I did a walking tour of historical homes using a map with background information on the homes that I got from the Telluride Historical Museum. That would make for an interesting set of photos.

Matt

Lois said...

Beautiful fall colors! I can't wait to see your Victorian homes series.

Halcyon said...

I think doing a DP blog can be difficult whereever you live. I sometimes find it hard to come up with interesting subjects for Jackson. I like your blog though. You have a lot of natural beauty where you live. And Victorian homes are neat too!!

Barb said...

Hi Lisa, Stopping by to see if you have any pics of snow! Another new camera? I have a Sony DSLR but it's too big to take skiing - I do take it on some hikes, though. I use the one like yours to just stick in my pocket.

Richard said...

Nice photo Lisa. Check out the Canon G12, just got one myself.

~Cheryl said...

Beautiful photo - really nice combo of yellows!

Janie said...

I'm surprised you still have poppies blooming. Their color goes great with the fallen aspen leaves.