Friday, October 22, 2010

North Oak House

The North Oak House is another one of my favorite Telluride homes. This one has appeared on my blog before as it is on the list in the Historic Walking Tour which you can find by clicking on my "History" label. The North Oak House was built in 1900 and managed to survive the Cornet Creek flood of 1914. Cornet Creek continues to be a concern and flooded some houses as recent as July 2007. This house has been restored to its original condition and is on the National Register of Historic Homes.

8 comments:

Lois said...

I really like all the porches on this one! It looks like it is very well taken care of too.

Halcyon said...

Another beauty!

Janie said...

This one is quite a treasure. I hope it stays safe from future out of creek bank experiences.

Barb said...

Well - no snow decorating this charming home - I did see your temps were dropping last night and you had a storm warning.

Jacob said...

This represents my favorite type of home...it is sooooo beautiful. My parents lived in a couple similar to this (not nearly as nice) and as a kid I loved all the nooks and crannies.

Re your comment on Colorado...I did walk over the bridge. At first I wanted to drive as I thought that would be "easier" but soon got rid of that notion. I do not like heights as you know.

Kate said...

What a beauty! I wonder why there are so many Victorian homes in the West?

Eleonora said...

Bellissima!

Steffe said...

Some wonderful houses in this area.