Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Two Years

I don't know if it's a birthday or an anniversary, but I started this blog two years ago today! Since I just had my 700th post the other day, I obviously missed a few, but I try my best to put something up daily.

The monsoon season seems to be here with a vengeance this week. For the third day in a row we woke up to heavy clouds and rain, unusual considering we usually just have an afternoon shower. You may think there couldn't be a monsoon season in the mountains, but that's what we call it every summer when the Pacific moisture from Mexico goes through Arizona up to Colorado.


At least we were treated to a rainbow late yesterday!


10 comments:

Lois said...

I can't believe it has been 2 years! Happy birthday to your blog. Those rainbows are so pretty!

Memphis MOJO said...

I try my best to put something up daily.

And we thank you.

DaveO said...

Beautiful weather, considering how dry it had been during early summer. This is also a good sign, that winter snowfall may be better too. We had a tremendous storm Sunday night, that dropped three inches in an hour and flooded much of Farmington. I saw the lightning travel your way, and wondered if you got hit with the same storm?

~Cheryl said...

I like the clouds hanging onto the mountain, and that rainbow is so wonderful!

Janie said...

Our mountains have been rainy, too. What a great rainbow!

B SQUARED said...

Congratulations! Stay dry.

Richard said...

Keep up the good work Lisa, I need my Telluride fix each day!

Halcyon said...

Happy blogiversary! My 3 year mark is coming up on the 8th.

I really enjoy your look at Telluride. And I know you have a good eye since you're also a native Oklahoman. ;)

EcoRover said...

Happy Blogiversary (?). Nice rainbows, too :-)

Tess said...

Wow, that is an impressive rainbow! I love the mountain background too, looks a little more foresty than the mountains here in the Salt Lake City area.