Thursday, July 29, 2010

700

This is my 700th post!! We have had lots of cloud cover this week with so much rain that many areas have had flood watches and there have been a few mudslides across the highway. I took this near the nature center that is close to the St. Sophia gondola station. Just right of center you can see the airport landing strip and the shadowy mountains in the distance above it are the La Sal Mountains near Moab, Utah.



Also I was very excited yesterday to see my first bear since living here! They come into town quite often but I hadn't seen one in the three years that we have lived in Telluride. I wasn't close enough to get a photo, but my friend got this picture of two bears on the ski run the other night. I'm pretty sure the one I saw yesterday was the dark brown one at the bottom. They are fun to watch as long as they stay up there on the ski run and stay out of town! Bears try to open the trash cans to eat whatever they can find.

7 comments:

Halcyon said...

Cool pics of the bears. I'm not sure I'd want one rifling through my bins though!

B SQUARED said...

Congratulations on your achievement!

Lois said...

How exciting that you finally got to see a bear Lisa! We have black bears in the woods around here and a friend of mine who lives just down the road from me has seen them at night trying to get into the trash cans in his backyard. Congrats on your 700th post too! I love the way the light looks in that first shot.

Jacob said...

That top post is so beautiful! It's the light and the way it hits the top of the picnic benches...Good one for next year's calendar, maybe...

Watch those bears! Bear killed a person in Yellowstone a few days ago...but I'd guess you read about that...

Memphis MOJO said...

Congrats on 700 quality posts!

Janie said...

Fun to see the bears. And congrats on the 700 posts!

EcoRover said...

Nice bear pics. Black bears aren't usually much of a problem so long as the morons don't habituate them to garbage, dog food, chicken feed etc. Lots of bears here but, outside of the Parks, lucky to see one or two each year.