The oldest restaurant in Telluride, Baked in Telluride, burned to the ground last night. It was actually still smoldering and the firemen were still working on it when I was there on my lunch break. I heard they were able to save the sign and Jerry Greene is already talking about re-building. It's a sad day in Telluride with many people going to see the charred building, kind of like we are paying our respects. The fire has made me think about the prominent buildings that were destroyed by fire or flood in this town in the early 1900's and how it must have affected the people back then.
You can't make a trip to Telluride without having a BIT bagel or donut! They have a very large menu and we took our kids there more often than any other place in town, usually for pizza. My favorite was their avocado taco.
At this time I don't know the cause of the fire, but I thank God that no one was hurt and I'm thankful for our volunteer fire department who have been working on the site for hours now.