Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Polar Queen Revisited

Last year I had a bad fall on Polar Queen when I was skiing so fast that when I fell I slid on my back 100 yards or so. I scared my husband and he came down after me so fast and caught an edge and popped out of a ski and fell hard close to where I was. It was kind of a Princess Bride moment, but it scared me so much I really never thought I would get back on that run. Yesterday I somehow had the courage to do several blue runs that I have been avoiding, and had a fantastic day!

7 comments:

Lois said...

You are so brave Lisa! This is a beautiful and scary shot to me.

Kate said...

It could have been so much worse! Skiing is for me almost a spiritual activity, esp when no-one else is around and all one hears is almost total silence with the crunch of the skis. I envy your location; the West and Southwest have such gorgeous vistas!

Eleonora said...

This is so scary, and you are so courageous taking this picture! I fell skiing when I was 12 and I was so traumatized by the fall (I didn't break anything) that I stepped out of my boots right there on the slope and swore to never get in a pair ever again!

Jacob said...

I'll give you credit...'cause I'd probably never try what you did after that kind of fall. Kudos to you!

B SQUARED said...

Good for you! Never be afraid, concerned, but never afraid.

Halcyon said...

Even Olympian athletes fall, as we saw last night. Bravo for facing your fears and trying out those runs again. I bet you had fun!!

motoroz said...

Congrats. A tough fall can be difficult to overcome, glad you did. Great pic!