Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Theme Day: Waiting and My World Tuesday

The December City Daily Photo Theme Day is "Waiting," and it's also My World Tuesday! There is one thing we are all waiting for here in Telluride, real snow. Thank goodness for snow machines that make it possible to have a few ski runs open, but it would be nice if there would be enough real snow to open the entire mountain.

As you can see, the snow machines are going full force, but it's just not the same as the real stuff! Also, December 17-20 the Snowboard World Cup will be held in Telluride, which is a very big deal, so everyone please *THINK SNOW.*


To see more interesting places all over the world, please visit My World Tuesday. Also please visit the City Daily Photo Theme Day entries:

11 comments:

Lois said...

I've got my fingers crossed for you Lisa! That's a nice thing to be waiting for.

In Three Rivers, Michigan said...

Ha! With the snow machine, there is no need to "wait"!
Three Rivers Daily Photo

Gaelyn said...

I'll do my best to wish all snow your way. Better than here. Waiting is the hardest part.

DaveO said...

Mad-made snow is a good thing, allowing skiing-boarding activity during the lean parts of winter. But it does have that sticky, slower feeling while gliding across it. Going to be clear for the rest of the week. Even Alta, Utah which usually has good amounts of natural snow at this point in time, is pretty thin right now.

Jacob said...

Think snow! Okay. But I don't think we'll get any here in Ocala. Oh, you meant Telluride. All right, I'll do that. That fake stuff looks pretty good in your photos. I'd guess you'll get plenty of snow before the winter's over...hopefully before Dec. 17-20!

sallie@FullTime-Life said...

hi Lisa. I will do my snow dance for you if you promise to keep it all in Colorado and not let any of it escape to the Eugene area here in Oregon ;>)

Your pictures are stunning though -- I love looking at the stuff.

eileeninmd said...

Great photos, I will keep my fingers crossed that you get your "real Snow" for the big event.

Happily Retired Gal said...

Wow! It sure LOOKS snowy and cold in your photo. Hope you get the real stuph soon ;-)
Hugs and blessings,

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

so cold! great choice for theme day. brrrr.

JM said...

I've just heard on the news that Moscow is having the highest temperature EVER this time of the year. Is that your problem in Telluride too?

Lisa Wilson said...

Actually JM, our temps are low, and they have to be for the snow machines to work. El Nino winters are usually drier winters for Southwest Colorado. :( Hopefully we'll pull out of this dry spell soon!