Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My World Tuesday: KOTO Ski Swap

This weekend was the annual KOTO Ski Swap where you can buy or sell winter items and part of the profit benefits KOTO, which is our local radio station.



I went in honestly thinking I wouldn't buy anything, just take a few pictures, but I found ski pants at a reasonable price that were exactly what I had been looking for, so I couldn't resist! Keep in mind these photos are a little dark because the sale is held in the parking garage under the library.



Spirits were high at the sale with the large amount of snowfall that was coming down! It was the last chance to buy discounted passes from Telluride Ski Resort. I wonder how many they sold?



I neglected to get a photo of the actual skis that were for sale outside due to the crowd of people going in and out of the gated area, but you get the idea from these photos that you could stock up on everything you need for ski season at the KOTO Ski Swap!



It's My World Tuesday! To see more interesting places all over the world, please visit My World Tuesday.

7 comments:

B SQUARED said...

Knee replacement in January, so no skiing this winter. Looks like I will be only able to do smooth runs from now on.

Snap said...

How cool! Looks like you are all set for a new season.

Lois said...

Looks like a lot of fun even if you aren't buying anything. Congrats on finding the ski pants!

Gaelyn said...

I sure like to see the equipment get reused. Years ago I outfitted the whole family at a ski swap and then sold it back.
Nice to find what you want.

Memphis MOJO said...

Nice series.

Arija said...

What a great idea for charity recycling! Great that you found something as well.

Janie said...

I'll bet the recent snow got everyone in the mood for ski clothes and passes. Good timing!