Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My World Tuesday: The Last Jeep Hurrah of 2009

Imogene Pass is officially closed, but the road is still clear up to the ghost town of Tomboy. We took our Jeep up Monday afternoon one more time before the big snows begin. The town of Tomboy was a mining town with people living there year-round in the early 1900's, at an elevation of over 11,000 feet above sea level. A lot of the buildings have collapsed, but there are still a few homes and other buildings standing and plenty of mining equipment to see.


To see more interesting places all over the world, please visit My World Tuesday.

8 comments:

Lois said...

I love the name of that pass. It reminds me of my aunt who recently passed away. Her name was Mary Imogene and we called her Aunt Gene. That is a beautiful picture Lisa!

chrome3d said...

Those mountains are just impressive. That small video made them look so special.

Sylvia K said...

Colorado is such a beautiful state! Love your photos and the video!

Have a great week!

Sylvia

Martha Z said...

Good to get out while you can. I bet it was cold in the shade.

moe lauher said...

Great photo, thanks for sharing - it's a lot different from where we are this week. Come and see.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful scenery, thanks for sharing.

Eleanor said...

Abandoned mining towns could tell a thousand tales, I am sure. Fortunes lost and gained, jealousy, avarice and heroism.

Lawstude said...

awesome scenery. i would certainly have the time of my life exploring the place.