Monday, September 7, 2009

Nicolas Cage

The Telluride Film Festival was fortunate to premiere Nicolas Cage's new movie Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans. Even though I didn't get to see the film this weekend, I did get to see Nicolas after his talk at the county courthouse. He has to be one of the hardest working actors around, putting out movie after movie it seems. I have loved so many of his movies that I can't even pick just one favorite. Lord of War, The Rock, City of Angels, oldie but goodie Raising Arizona are only a few of my faves. Of course he had an awesome performance in Leaving Las Vegas, but incredibly depressing.



My daughter was getting Nic's autograph here. For the kids, most recently he was the voice of Speckles in G-Force. He was so nice and gracious to everyone that wanted an autograph or photo. The Telluride Film Festival is very low-key, no red carpets or paparazzi involved. It must be a nice and relaxing atmosphere for celebs here during this festival.
I hope everyone is enjoying their Labor Day Weekend with some relaxation and time with family or friends! I'm off to see if I can spot Viggo Mortensen today.

11 comments:

Sharon said...

You are so lucky to get such great shots of him! Good job! I'll have to check out the new movie.

mountain.mama said...

That's pretty heady stuff for your daughter! And you got to see a celebrity after all.

B SQUARED said...

Looks like fun. Enjoy the day.

Lois said...

Those are great shots Lisa! My all time favorite Nicolas Cage movie is Raising Arizona. I have seen it so many times, I practically know the dialog! He is one of my favorite actors.

Jacob said...

How nice for Telluride. I have enjoyed Cage's movies, too. And I'm glad that you finally got a "name" celebrity for this event!

Boise Diva said...

Wow, he does look so friendly and normal in your town.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

such fun and great photo collage. your daughter will love it and so will everyone else.

Tricia said...

I wondered if the press would be there & I'm sooooo glad they weren't! It HAS to be a relaxing feeling for them to get to talk to people w/ no HUGE FLASHES & camera going off in their faces!

And you said you'd never seen anyone that big there in Telluride in years past, but YOU SURE DID THIS YEAR!

Babooshka said...

Just some this on Facebook. This really is such a cool post. I am so envious.

Janie said...

Nicolas looks like he was actually enjoying himself. As you say, I'm sure the celebs like the low-key atmosphere.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

How did you get anything done with such an exciting event coming into your town...along with all the other ones, too. I bet you have to play catch-up a lot with housework, etc...and forget cooking! That's what they made restaurants for, eh?

We love Nicolas Cage, too. My kids like the National Treasure movies the best.
Did you know that he almost chose 'Blue' as his last name/surname instead of Cage? Can you even imagine?!
I like Cage better. lol!

I also read that he got Jonnny Depp his first acting job. Depp is one of my fave actors, too.

Gosh! you are so lucky meeting all these stars. Maybe you could invite back to your house for dinner. You never know. He might even accept! lol!

~Lisa