Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My World Tuesday: The Road

Yesterday during the last day of the Telluride Film Festival, I was fortunate to catch the new Viggo Mortensen film, The Road. The passholders are allowed into the films first, and since I didn't have one, I had to wait in line hoping for an empty seat. I was thrilled that I was able to get in!!

Much to my disappointment, Viggo wasn't present at the showing that I saw. Apparently he was at the first presentation of the film, but my program said he would be at the afternoon showing also!! Anyway, we did get to see the Question and Answer session with the director, John Hillcoat.

The Road is in the setting of a post-apocalyptic world, a thrilling and horrific story of a man and his son trying to survive. All of the footing of natural disasters in the film were actually taken from real-life events and blended in to fit their backgrounds. Footage was used from Mount St. Helens, New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, and even a shot from Bosnia. The story of how the film was made is as amazing as the film itself. It was an unforgettable performance by Viggo and the entire cast which included Charlize Theron and the amazing little boy Kodi Smit-McPhee.


Enjoy Viggo while you can, because he has hinted that he may soon stop acting! I didn't realize he is also a publisher, poet and visual artist.

So this is what has been going on in my world so far this week!! To see many other interesting places all over the world, please visit My World Tuesday.

13 comments:

Lois said...

That's great you got in Lisa! It sounds like a good movie.

Tricia said...

I like him too - He's a good actor & that movie sounds like one I'd enjoy, so I'll see when it comes out.

I didn't know he was a publisher, poet, & visual artist either. Cool

Barb said...

How about that? More proof you live in a paradise!! God's beauty & all the fun & excitement a person would want! What a life you have. Your blogs, pics, etc, are so good & interesting!!

Memphis MOJO said...

Sounds like fun. Wish I could have been there. The movie sounds interesting, too.

Janie said...

I really like Viggo. Too bad you didn't get to see him, but I enjoyed the movie review. That's one I hope to see.

Barb said...

Hi Lisa, I'm wondering if this movie has been released? I'll put it on our list. Was Telluride busy - Breck was a zoo!

Wan Hashim said...

You are lucky to be able to get in. Great blog.

Lisa Wilson said...

Oh! I should have mentioned the movie comes out October 16.

Jacob said...

Lucky you! Fascinating post, Lisa. So glad that you got to sit on the question and answer session.

Good times!

B SQUARED said...

I'll have to put it on my must see list.

SandyCarlson said...

I am glad you got in.

Babooshka said...

Nevermind the posters of him were good enough. What a great event.

Is it me or is linky not working?

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Lukcy you! And what happened to Viggo's hair?! Is he really bald now...or was that a shave for his movie?
Hidalgo is my favorite movie with him. sigh....Loved it.

~Lisa