Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My World Tuesday: Riding the Gondola

The gondola is unlike any other free transportation in the country! Not only is it used as a ski lift in the winter, it also connects the towns of Telluride and Mountain Village. The locals use the gondola for transportation regularly, and a lot of the kids in Mountain Village opt to ride the gondola instead of the bus to get to school. Pets and mountain bikers are also welcome here. Can't beat the breathtaking scenery, either.

It's My World Tuesday!! To see more interesting places all over the world, please visit My World Tuesday.

8 comments:

KCKelly said...

I would TOTALLY ride that instead of the bus. I don't think I would need coffee if I rode that every morning!

Barb said...

Hi Lisa, Does the Telluride Gondola run non-stop throughout the year? Ours here in Beck doesn't operate in the summer, though it might when all the construction at the base of 8 is completed. Are the children in school now? My Grands (twins) started 1st grade yesterday in Evergreen. Ben told me last night that it was "the best day" of his life! (His teacher Grammy loves to hear that!)

Louise said...

It's free? Wow! How cool to ride that to another town or to school.

Lisa Wilson said...

I should have mentioned that the gondola does have two off-seasons. It closes for about 1 1/2 months at the end of ski season, and then closes for another month right before ski season begins again. My kids start school this coming Monday. It's good to hear when they love it!

Janie said...

The gondola would definitely be the fun way to get to school or work!

SandyCarlson said...

Looks like so much fun. We saw one of these at a rest stop in VT--a sort of museum piece--and I couldn't think of what it is called. Thanks for the vocab. lesson and the gorgeous views.

Jacob said...

I had no idea! I thought those things were strictly for skiers! A great idea, though. And yes, stunning scenery!

Lois said...

I wouldn't mind that commute!