Monday, June 29, 2009

My World Tuesday: WIlson Meadows

Yesterday we had a family hike to the Wilson Meadows. The trail begins at the summit of Lizard Head Pass, just up highway 145 from Telluride. My husband accidentally took the second photo when he was taking some photos of me, but I liked how unusual it turned out! Only a few wildflowers have bloomed so far, but I'm sure they will be spectacular sometime next month. Wilson Meadows is at about 11,000 feet in elevation with an excellent view of Lizard Head Peak.


I also wanted to share a link to a photo on a blog that I follow belonging to the Mountain Photographer who lives in Ouray, Colorado. He recently took a photo of Telluride from an airplane. To see exactly what our box canyon is like, you can view the photo HERE.


To see more interesting views all over the world, please visit My World Tuesday.

10 comments:

Lois said...

I love the angle on that second shot Lisa! What a beautiful green meadow.

Marju said...

Beautiful photos!!

Sylvia K said...

Fantastic! Would love to hike there myself. Have been to Telluride, but many years ago. Do remember it's beauty!

Island Rambles Blog said...

Thanks for sharing your photos of the walk to the meadow with the strange looking mountain peak at the back and the link to the shot from the airplane is great also..Lovely blog you have.

Snap said...

How lovely! Beautiful country.

Jacob said...

It becomes clearer every day why you love Telluride so much! What a gorgeous meadow...

And those sky shots of the "box canyon" are stunning!

mountain.mama said...

The view from the plane is cool but I'd much rather be walking in that beautiful meadow.

Arija said...

What a paradise to live in with great possibilities for enjoying the outdoors. Lovely shots too.

Gaelyn said...

Beautiful meadows. And love the aerial shot of Telluride. Really puts in perspective how nestled in the mountains you are.

Janie said...

Beautiful meadow, and an impressive craggy peak in the background.