Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My World Tuesday

My world lately has been driving to Montrose, Colorado for kids' orthodontist appointments and Jeep servicing. Montrose is 65 miles from Telluride and is the nearest city to go to such stores as Wal-Mart and Target, and also has the nearest fast food restaurants. The population is just over 17,000 and is the ideal place to live to experience all seasons with no dangerous weather conditions. Montrose is situated in just the right spot on the Western Slope that they never experience flooding, tornadoes or blizzards. The 65 mile (one-way) drive takes over an hour due to the curvy mountain roads, but I never complain since it's one of the most beautiful drives in the state!

For more beautiful and interesting scenes around the world, please visit
My World Tuesday.

13 comments:

Lois said...

You took these pictures on a gorgeous day! Montrose is a pretty little town.

Syaa_Fiqq said...

Lovely town. So beautiful and peaceful..

Jacob said...

What a superb place to live! Nice photos, too, Lisa!

Tigerlily of Borneo said...

I was in CO last year in October and spent a week in Estes Park. Everything is so pretty, so photogenic in the Rockies. Thanks for sharing this interesting post.

Walker said...

Looks lovely, western feel totally.

Memphis MOJO said...

Great shot of the town hall.

Janie said...

That's a long way to go for kids' appointments, but I guess ski resort towns aren't big enough for orthodontists to make a living...

Arija said...

With your scenery, I'd be finding excuses to drive there!

Gaelyn said...

Although it looks like a nice town I believe your Telluride is more beautiful. It's not so bad to drive over an our to town if it's a scenic one. Just not too often.

Wolynski said...

Must be nice to live in Colorado. You have Target and fresh, crisp air.Lovely photos.

B Squared said...

Never quite got used to the distances you had to go while living in the mountains.

Martha Z said...

It looks like a nice town. I agree, a scenic drive through the mountains isn't bad unless you have a deadline.

Emily said...

Telluride is one of my favorite towns in the country. My husband and I recently honeymooned there in mid-May and drove in from Denver. You're right... the drive from Montrose into Telluride is the MOST beautiful stretch of road I've traveled. How envious I am of Mr. Lauren... his Double RL ranch is the most amazing piece of property on the planet.