Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My World Tuesday: People I Felt Honored to Meet

The people I met during Mountainfilm Festival are people that have done extraordinary things and I was so excited to get a few photos. Above I'm standing with Jim Whittaker, the first American to summit Mt. Everest back in 1963. He was here for the showing of the film Americans on Everest.

Next I was shouting at these two in the street asking them to stop for a photo as we were all on our way to the closing ceremonies and picnic. This is Martin and Borut Strel from the film Big River Man. Martin is the only man that has ever swam the Amazon River.



This last photo is of me with Quang-Tuan Luong, the photographer that has photographed every national park in the U.S. He was here for the festival with Ken Burns who used some of Quang's photos in The National Parks: America's Best Idea, which will be shown on PBS beginning September 27. Pictured behind us are his photos of the Delicate Arch in Arches National Park and the Black Canyon of the Gunnison, two national parks that are very near and dear to me.
For more interesting sights from all over the world, please visit My World Tuesday.

7 comments:

Lois said...

Wonderful pictures Lisa! That is so cool that you got to meet all those people. Glad you had a good time!

Memphis MOJO said...

Nice shots!

Jack Whittaker looks like he is still in pretty good shape!

chrome3d said...

That was one cool festival and you were really getting the most out of it.

Janie said...

Great photos of famous folks. I'm impressed that Jim Whittaker looks in very good shape, almost as if he could go summit Everest again this year.

Jacob said...

Good grief! I'm impressed. What a collection of giants! I can imagine how much fun this must have been and how scintillating and how now you're going out to become the very best photographer in the world...right?

Heck, I feel that way, and I'm back here in Florida just looking at your pictures!

EcoRover said...

Cool. You're making me regret having missed the Wildlife Film Festival in Missoula this year.

Lily Hydrangea said...

I love how you've gotten all these wonderful achievers to pose with you, great idea! & Interesting post.