Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Theme Day: Yellow

The theme day "Yellow" has been the most challenging for me so far. The first thing that popped into my head is yellow snow and even though it is April Fool's Day, I thought a photo of that would just be gross. I chose to photograph the sun on the Ute Park tipi.

I posted some photos of the tipi earlier in the ski season, but here is a newer one of me and my oldest daughter. She usually snowboards, but this season decided to learn to ski so she can pick what she wants to do for the snow conditions. Happy Theme Day!


Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

14 comments:

B Squared said...

Nice find!

Jilly said...

I had to laugh at the possibility of yellow snow! This is a lovely alternative!

cieldequimper said...

Ecellent!

Lois said...

Yellow snow would have been pretty funny! Nice theme day post!

Jacob said...

I like the tipi...and you're probably right - better than yellow snow.

What a couple of cute ski bunnies!

Babooshka said...

I can't believe you mentioned yellow snow as a possibility. That made me lol. This yellow is so creative thouugh and not at all gross.

Lisa Wilson said...

There is a saying that there are more dogs in Telluride than people, so I couldn't help but think of yellow snow. LOL.

~Cheryl said...

Beautiful photograph - gotta love that blue Colorado sky, too!

lavenderlady said...

Perfect choice! Envy your location. A beautiful part of Colorado

Hilda said...

The construction of tipis is so fascinating and I like the design of this one. Perfect for theme day! I love the photo of you and your daughter too!

I was wondering what yellow snow was, and thanks to your comment here, now I know! :D

Sharon said...

Good choice! The yellow snow might have been hard to explain.

Tash said...

Really charming post - such a pleasing symbol of spring and warmth. Nice that you & your daughter got to ski together this season. My son leaves me in the dust nowdays.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

very interesting choice for theme day. well done!

JM said...

Lisa, you've menaged to post a fantastic yellow find, after all! Really cool!