Thursday, March 12, 2009

Windows

"I live in a very small house, but my windows look out on a very large world."

This is a favorite quote of mine that I first read at Arches National Park in Moab, Utah. The book I was looking at quoted Henry David Thoreau, but when I came home and looked for it on the computer, the quote was referenced to Confucius. So no matter who first said this statement, I think it's great. This isn't my window at home, rather it was my view from the High Camp Warming Hut at the top of lift 12. Those yellow things propped up are rescue toboggans used to get injured skiers off of the ski area.

9 comments:

Lois said...

That's a wonderful quote Lisa! I will have to remember that one. I like the picture too!

Memphis MOJO said...

terrific shot == let's hope you never have to use one of those yellow things

Tricia said...

Very large world indeed, especially looking at THAT VIEW!!! I like that quote too.

Tricia said...

And thank you for joining my friends list!!!

Anonymous said...

I've looked out that same window!

Jacob said...

Great quote! Do you really have to go into a warming hut?

Lisa Wilson said...

There was cold, gusty wind that day, but we mainly went into the hut for water. My daughter talked me into buying M&Ms, too. They have some overpriced sandwiches and soups there, but of course they do have to bring all that food up there.

JM said...

Very nice quote to go with the fabulous view from this window!

Carol said...

Nice...love shots framed like this....like the quote also...