Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My World Tuesday

The other day when I was at the top of lift 12, I noticed a couple of people standing at the top of the mountain across from me. This is outside the area of the ski resort, so they were enjoying some backcountry skiing. I'm not sure if they hiked up there from Alta Lakes, or perhaps flew by helicopter, known as heliskiing. If you click on the photo to see the larger version, you may be able to see the tiny people inside that notch above the wide snow patch.



The second photo is the un-zoomed version. I watched and waited, but I never got to see them drop down and start skiing. Maybe they were watching me watch them!




For more great views of the world, visit My World Tuesday.

19 comments:

Janie said...

That's a beautiful untouched place to skin, no matter how the skiers got there.

Lois said...

I can see them way up there! That is an awesome picture Lisa!

Hilda said...

Your eyes are much sharper than mine — I can't see them at all. But I do love your majestic mountains!

Esther Garvi said...

What a landscape! Beautiful!

Mariz said...

Beautiful snowy mountain landscape. Great shots! I think I spotted one guy up there.

Hope to see you peeking in at my world HERE

Barb said...

That looks like a really steep and narrow chute! Another storm here in Breckenridge - what about you?

Louise said...

Too bad they never started. How I would love to see that!

Me and my puppies said...

Beautiful but too high, too fast, too cold!

W. Latane Barton said...

Magnificent mountains.

Jacob said...

Yup! I can see them. But I can't imagine anyone being up there...just looking gives me the willies...but then I don't much like being on a stepladder!

More beautiful photos, Lisa!

Lilli & Nevada said...

This is absolutely a gorgeous view thanks for sharing

Boise Diva said...

That seems crazy!

Babooshka said...

You put my one day of snow to shame.

Rob Inukshuk said...

Stunning spot to ski, but back country skiing is so dangerous isn't it? The pics are great though.

Michele said...

Those are beautiful photos.... the mountains are just incredible!!
Mountain Retreat Photos

Sharon said...

Wow, that is way up there. That patch of snow looks like it could be fun to ski down but, scary too. I wonder how they got down.

Lisa Wilson said...

Backcountry skiing is dangerous and takes a lot of planning and avalanche equipment. I could see the tracks below these skiers where someone had already skied there.

Marc said...

What I like is how the tiny images of the people really show how impressive the mountains are. Two great shots!

The Good Life in Virginia said...

great shot and yes i spied the little ant-like people there :)
thanks for sharing this great shot with us.
have a wonderful weekend.