Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Different World

My photo for the last day of 2008 is actually not in Telluride, but I just had to share it. This is the Delicate Arch at Arches National Park in Moab, Utah. Moab is only a 2 hour drive from Telluride, and is a completely different place, but equally magical and beautiful. We managed to hike to the Delicate Arch this week despite the icy and snowpacked trail. It was a 27 degree day and was so interesting to see again because the last time we hiked up to the Arch it was 100 degrees in the beginning of summer. Someone should definitely start a Moab Daily Photo. The views from town, Arches and at Canyonlands National Park are breathtaking and surreal. The mountains you can see are the La Sal Mountains, which I have shown from the ski runs in previous photos. Arches is on the other side of these mountains from Telluride.

I've realized how difficult posting a daily photo in your hometown can be, especially since our hometown is so small. Sometimes it's fun to share views in the surrounding area. Here's to 2009 and 365 more photos!! Happy New Year to everyone!!

8 comments:

Hilda said...

Majestic! I'm glad you decided to post it. Thank you.

Happy New Year, Lisa! Wishing you and your family a peaceful and prosperous 2009.

Abraham Lincoln said...

Our town is just over 5,000 people, and all the old stores are closed. We don't have much to show either so I began showing birds and animals that live here and some other things.

I don't have a lot to say about last year or this new year but here are some thoughts...

I hope 2009 will be better than 2008, 2007, and 2006. I do think our
government will be inspired by our new President Obama -- at least I
hope so.

I would like to see the War in Irag end and I would like to see the
killing stop everywhere.

It is my hope that Japan will stop slaughtering whales and raping
virgin forests.

And I hope the people will lose their clubs and no longer club baby
seals to death.

What a world we have and live in. 2009 could be so much better than it will be.

Marc said...

Very impressive shot! I look forward to visiting and commenting on many of your next 365 photos. Have a wonderful New Year's Eve!

Lois said...

Very pretty picture! The colors remind me of a trip I took to the Grand Canyon in winter with the red rocks contrasted against the snow in the background.

Sharon said...

Wow, a beautiful photo. I love the Moab area! There is so much beauty in the world!! Happy New Year to you!

Boise Diva said...

Happy New Year Lisa!

babooshka said...

It's a beauty whereever it is.

Happy New Year.

Eric Salsbery said...

Happy New Year