Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Historic Telluride

Telluride was founded in 1878, and is a former silver mining camp along the San Miguel River. Telluride became a ski resort town in the 1970's and has a population of around 2,200, but there could be as high as 10,000 to 16,000 visiting during the ski season or the summer festivals. Since our town is one of Colorado's 20 National Historic Landmarks, I will be taking photos of several historic buildings and sites for the next several days and I probably will learn something about our history along the way.

2 comments:

Lois said...

I will be looking forward to the photos of historic buildings in Telluride. I'm reading the book "Tomboy Bride" right now and it is fascinating.

Lisa Wilson said...

I have read that book! I also visit the ghost town of Tomboy often in the summer.